What to Expect From a Wax Removal Appointment
- Our certified Audiologist or Hearing Instrument Specialist will look in your ears.
- We will determine if the wax is soft enough to remove.
- Our clinicians are trained in three removal techniques: suction, irrigation, and curetting.
- Ear wax removal can be a bit uncomfortable and occasionally cause some light bleeding. Our clinicians are experts at removing wax as safely and gently as possible.
- It is helpful to soften your ear wax before your appointment. Use an eyedropper to apply a few drops of baby oil, mineral oil or olive oil in your ear canal. Repeat this 2 x per day for up to 5 days before your appointment.
- If we can’t get all the wax out at the first appointment we will schedule a follow-up to remove the rest. There is no additional cost for follow-up (if required).
What You'll Receive From Your Wax Removal Appointment
- Wax free ears!
- Information on the health of your ear canal and ear drum.